Sunday, September 14, 2008

Plans

"Nothing is by chance...No detail is forgotten in my plans for you" -Two Listeners

This is from a Christian quote of the day thing that I have setup for my igoogle homepage...

I post it here because it is frustratingly accurate today. Or maybe it's just frustrating that I know it is true, but it is hard to believe today.

I spent the weekend in Chicago for Kelly and Mark's wedding. SO FUN. :-) I loved it. True, it rained (really hard at times), but we had a good time dancing and celebrating with a lot of people that I haven't seen very often in a long time.

I know it was a short trip, but I really wanted to be there for the wedding, and I had been planning on it for a year before I even knew I was moving to Virginia...so I made a weekend out of it.

I was supposed to get on a plane at 5:00 today, and get home by 11:00 tonight. I had 2 connections: Cleveland and Washington, DC.

I arrived at the airport thinking that despite the rain, my plane would be fine, because it was just a sprinkle. When I found out that my flight was delayed, though, I wasn't too surprised...maybe it was worse than I thought. The problem came, though, that my layovers were not long enough to accomodate any delay at all...the delay from Chicago to Cleveland would cause me to miss my connecting flight to Washington...and missing that flight meant there was no way I would get back to the Shenendoah Valley Airport tonight....

The agent checked other flights into Dulles Airport (in Washington), but they all were either delayed because of weather or other issues.

I was so surprised when she offered me a hotel voucher, because my flight wasn't delayed because of weather...it was delayed because of problems with the crew (if a flight is delayed because of weather, they won't pay for your accommodations...).

So...nothing happens by chance.... What is this supposed to teach me? Why am I stuck at a hotel in Rosemont, IL (because my parents live an hour away and didn't want to turn around and come back after dropping me off and driving home, let alone drive me back here tomorrow morning for my flight...)?

I should probably spend more of my energy looking for "divine appointments" and less of it complaining/wondering why I'm here.

No comments: