Saturday, April 5, 2008

"In the Water...?"

I may have mentioned this before, but I thought I'd share a story.

Here I am, sitting in my classroom one morning by myself. The teacher that I work with is pregnant (due in September) and went to get another ultrasound the day before. Our aide just had a baby on March 27th or so. There's the context.

I'm working on the computer, getting ready for the day when one of the other aides from the building comes in. Now, I know her pretty well, but don't talk to her very often. It doesn't really matter that it was her, either, this is just an example. She comes in looking for my teacher because she wants to see how the ultrasound went. Since my teacher's not there, she says that she'll check back later.

Before she leaves, though, she says, "You'd better be careful, Jess. It's in the water."

Can pregnancy be, "in the water?" No.

Do I need to be careful? No, because according to the plan God designed in the beginning, sex should be the culminating intimacy between a man and his wife. I'm not married, therefore, not worried.

I just think it's interesting. That's not the first time I've been told to "be careful. It's in the water," either.

No comments: