Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The World Today

What is happening?

  • My school has been broken into 3 times since September 4th.
  • Windows have been broken (inside and out)
  • computers have been stolen
  • Today, while everyone was still in the building, a computer was stolen from the assistant principal's office
  • Out of my twenty 2nd graders, 5 have anger management problems.
My eyes are really being opened to the sin in this world. There are so many things that these students have been exposed to at such a young age. Things that never even crossed my mind until I was much older. They are being forced to care for their younger siblings because their parents need to work long hours in order to put food on the table. These kids are forced to grow up early. I hope to be able to give them a little of their childhood back at least while they're in my class. My philosophy is developing...my eyes are opening...my heart aches for these kids.

No comments: